Putting Together Life's Puzzle

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The In Between

I am floating in a different world right now, and the only phrase I can come up with to explain it is "The In Between."

Sleep Consistency
There are some nights when I crash by 9 and sleep solidly until morning. There are also nights that I check in at midnight and am up at 5:00am doing things such as cleaning out the attic or booking flights. Yes, my life is pretty exciting :-).

When will she be here?
We are also not set on a due date. I know it is rare that you deliver on the exact date, but our lives are so hectic right now that it would be somewhat nice to have a closer answer than July 30th OR August 12th.    Long story as to why this is, but I am either 30 or 32 weeks along.

Heads up to all of my high school classmates. Let's pray I don't go into labor on July 30th at my high school reunion! It would make for a pretty good story though, and we will be right down the street. No, I did not coincide the venue and Vanderbilt to be within blocks of each other :-).

Walk or jog?
I have been very fortunate in that I have been able to run the entire pregnancy. I am just now starting to "run/walk." Most of you know that is very hard for me to give into, but she tends to let me know when to take a breather...she has really, really long legs :-).

Fly or drive?
This is the doozy. I have a couple of work trips in July that I "could" drive to, but my doctor keeps saying fly away! Most of my friends have been shocked by this, but the stress is not a factor since it is my lifestyle. I can't decide. Is it easier to take an hour flight home, or split up a 300 mile drive? Either way, Jim will be with me...just.in.case!

Work-Plan A or Plan B?
Ha! There is no plan! This one is really scaring everyone :-). I am pretty type A, so the looks are priceless when I tell people that we have no plan. I have always been self employed, so no FMLA maternity leave there.

I have decided throughout this entire process to ride the wave. I've read a little, but not too much. We have been to a couple of classes, but not overwhelmed ourselves. I read a lot about the worry and anxiety of soon-to-be mothers, and don't want that surrounding me. I am thankful I have been able to enjoy this journey, and I simply can't wait to see how this entire experience changes me as a person.

I always knew I wanted to be a mother. I wasn't sure if it would happen for me because I did not know if I would find someone who lets me be myself, love my crazy career and completely support all that I do. I found him 10 years ago, and he snuck back into my life when we were both ready :-).

This is the first time in my life that I am not so sure what is going on, but I am okay with that. This is big for me. I may finally be growing up :-).

1 comment:

  1. Chels--

    I am so proud of you and love reading your story :-) We've come a LONG way since we were 5! I think your plan is just perfect...go with whatever comes at ya and trust that God is going to guide your steps & Jim's, too! Yall are going to be amazing parents and I can't wait to keep updated with you guys on this!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete